Khabar Lahariya is hiring an Outreach Manager
This is a full-time role based in Delhi. Only women may apply.
Khabar Lahariya is looking for an ambitious and creative woman to drive its outreach, through which we hope to build a large community of subscribers and supporters of our independent rural journalism, enabling it to sustain itself. The role will involve engaging with Khabar Lahariya’s rural news and making it relevant to as wide an audience as possible, building outreach through online and offline campaigns, and thinking of pop-up fundraising strategies to supplement this.
The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven daily news environment, and be passionate about the sustainability of independent media, and uninhibited about exploring new models, ideas and platforms.
Apart from the privilege of working in a feminist, all-women organization, you will get
- exposure to the inner workings of the country’s only feminist, indie, grassroots digital media channel and rural-urban newsroom
- an opportunity to shape the present and future of the exciting digital mediascape, in challenging times
- to brainstorm and work with KL’s pathbreaking, award-winning Dalit women reporters and editors
- to work with experienced, senior media practitioners, both urban and rural, on the content & business aspects of running a feminist media channel
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Build a regular and engaged audience for Khabar Lahariya’s content, and an increase in monthly members or subscribers
- Create online and offline strategies – on social media, through newsletters and other communication, and events – to build a community of subscribers and supporters.
- Create content for the website and social media, including articles, videos, campaigns, taking off from KL’s reporting and reporters, to amplify the social media outreach on KL’s local platforms/networks
- Work with management to set subscriber targets and be accountable to these
- 3 years experience in media and/or communications-related work, but with a head for numbers and targets!
- Experience and ability to work in large teams, coordinate with team members with diverse skills and backgrounds and also represent KL publicly to build partnerships and outreach opportunities
- Passion for local news and commitment to the ideals of Khabar Lahariya
- Strong bi-lingual writing and editing skills (English and Hindi), detail-oriented, and can meet daily deadlines
- Creative, flexible and comfortable with the pressures of a live news environment
- SEO and digital marketing strategy experience a plus
- Video/audio/image editing
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment
- a sample of writing (in English)
- The names and contact information for two references
- A cover letter (not more than 2 pages) that addresses the following points
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- How did you discover Khabar Lahariya? Where did you hear about this position?
- A feminist business model is doomed to fail. Your thoughts?